Distribution will be Thursday, December 9th
- I found this recipe online and it could not sound more refreshing. Take this veggie to new heights
with apples, Parmesan and tangy vinaigrette. I think if you add chicken and it would work too.
- CELERY APPLE SALAD:
- 8 celery ribs plus ½ cup celery leaves
- 1 red apple
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the celery ribs. Measure out the celery leaves. Thinly slice the red
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup or
sugar, and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil one tablespoon at a time.
- In another bowl, toss together the celery and celery leaves with the apple, dressing, and
Parmesan cheese shavings. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. This tastes best the day of making, but you can refrigerate leftovers for a few days (refresh them with a little vinegar or
salt if necessary).